I was tagged by the sweet, sweet Amanda Arruda on a meme post about our virtual bookshelves on Skoob (about which I have already written here). Her original post was in Portuguese, but considering the fact that this whole blog is written in English, I’ ve decided to adapt the entry so it both fits in and can be used by more people. Also keep in mind that this can be adapted to any virtual bookshelf, so please share what your answers would be!
Here are mine:
1. How many books do you have on you “already read” folder on Skoob?
221 precious little things!
2. Which book are you currently reading?
I am reading The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde, and loving every line of it.
3. How many books do you have on your “will read” folder on Skoob?
45, even though I haven’t bought many of them, while others have actually been bought, only not included on the list.
4. Are you rereading any books? Which ones?
I have too many books unread, so I don’t have much time to spend rereading anything (considering I’m someone who sticks to her rules, as I promise I have been doing) . I do intend to reread Hush, Hush, though, because I don’t remember nearly half of what I’m supposed to if I want to read its sequel, Crescendo.
5. How many books have you ever abandoned? Which ones?
I’m proud to say that only one, Rei Artur (Arthur The King, in the original version in English), by Allan Massie. I had barely made it through the first 100 pages when I decided that, well, you shouldn’t read something you didn’t like at all if you weren’t obliged to do it.
6. How many reviews have you written on Skoob?
7. How many books have you rated?
220 – eternally trying to figure out which one of the books I marked as read is still unrated.
8. How many books have you tagged as favorite? Name one.
32, among whom are The Great Gatsby, Pippi Longstocking and Eragon.
9. How many books do you have marked as “owned”?
207, though there are still some to be added.
10. How many books do you have as “wanted”?
29 and counting!
11. How many of your books are currently borrowed? Which ones?
5: Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella; Sandman, volume 1, by Neil Gaiman; I’ve Got Your Number, by Sophie Kinsella; Being Nikki, by Meg Cabot; Coraline, by Neil Gaiman.
12. Do you want to exchange any books? Which ones?
No, I want to stick to all of them, even the ones I didn’t thoroughly enjoy.
13. How many books do you have on your “reading goal” folder? Have you reached your goal?
I didn’t even try to fill that in, because my schedule is too unpredictable to even try and set a goal. I’m just reading them as I go.
14. What is the number on your pages counter? (Note: this is a feature on Skoob that adds up the number of pages of all books you mark as read)
15. What is the link to your Skoob?
What do you think? I’d love to see you give it a try, even if with different virtual bookshelves!
(For starters, I tag Carol Patrício, from Desopilar.com)